26 in x 19-3/8 in (dia)
Historic Odessa Foundation, The David Wilson Mansion, Inc.
The underside of the top has holes where once some kind of reinforcement stabilized the seam joining the two-board top. The stand was refinished early in the 20th century.
Bequest of Dr. and Mrs. J. Newberry Reynolds to The David Wilson Mansion, Inc., in 1942.
The circular stand has a lathe-turned dished top with a molded edge and made of two boards. It attaches to a shaft turned with a column above a ball with a mid-rib and a reel below. Three cabriole legs dovetail into the cylindrical base of the shaft and are secured by an iron spider attached on the underside with seven nails. The legs end in plain feet. The legs and feet lack variation in width, although the edges are rounded. Notches at the bottom of the shaft form opposed ogees between the legs.