Historic Odessa Foundation, The David Wilson Mansion, Inc.1971.1012
“Mosanic / 8” in underglaze blue on bottom
One of the ears broke off in the 1980s and was repaired.
Ex coll. Mrs. E. Tatnall (Mary Corbit) Warner.
Among the many household items found in the Wilson Warner House is this good-looking pig, which was reproduced for sale by the marketing department of Winterthur. The Mosanic name on the underside ties the vase to the Mosanic Pottery in Bavaria, acquired in 1895 by the London retailing firm of Max Emanuel & Co. The donor, Mrs. Warner, likely acquired it on one of her trips abroad.
Several holes for flower stems, lined in yellow and brown, punctuate the pig’s back. Its eyes are glass beads.