Dressing stand or dressing glass
21 in x 19-5/8 in x 8 in
Mahogany, light-wood stringing; white pine (secondary wood)
Historic Odessa Foundation, The David Wilson Mansion, Inc.
“12” is written in pencil inside the left drawer cavity and on that drawer. The number is probably associated with the fabrication of the dressing stand in a specialist shop.
The right rear ball foot has been replaced with an unturned piece of wood. The backboard of the mirrored glass frame is a replacement.
Bequest of Dr. and Mrs. J. Newberry Reynolds to The David Wilson Mansion, Inc. in 1942.
The framed, rectangular mirrored glass is suspended from two turned posts attached to the top of a rectangular case with paired tenons. The bowed-front case contains two side-by-side drawers, each with veneered fronts and a turned wood pull. The case stands on four ball feet. Thick stringing outlines the edges of the case; thin stringing outlines the edges of the drawer cavities. Similar stringing decorates the mirrored glass frame.
The dressing stand is similar to a three-drawer version labeled by Thomas Natt of Philadelphia, 1971.553